Shane Morris

HandSonic

6 posts in this topic

From the company that made electronic hand percussion world-famous, Roland announces the second member of its HandSonic family: the HandSonic 10 (HPD-10). More affordable and streamlined than its big brother, it offers the same great pad response that made the original HandSonic so popular, but with a specialized set of features and a fresh batch of sounds, rhythms, and effects.

View full synthesizer

Always wanted the bigger HPD-15 and when this one came out I came close to getting one of these. Now that they released the HPD-20 last year it's made them more affordable used but they still hold their value in cost and more importantly longevity as a useful tool. 

1 person likes this

Dude I hear ya. I've never owned any of them but I've enjoyed playing on them at times. Perhaps one day I will. They have come a long way

I have not tried them either. These are the only Roland instruments that give me GAS. I really need to check these out. They look much more sophisticated than the Wavedrums.

1 person likes this

I was just thinking last night this might actually be the only Roland instrument I might want again (no offense Jacob) :-)

They are sweet and having so many sounds in a very small space can be revolutionary for percussionist. I have still wanted to hear much more variation in the sounds. Maybe they have improved since I last played...but I want gamelan orchestra in there, found sounds, etc. and sampling my own.

They are definitely GAS inflators. The closest I've seen one live is Adrian Belew used it with King Crimson.