Jack Hertz

Where Do You Find Electronic Music?

Where Do You Discover Electronic Music?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Discover Electronic Music?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

I am curious to know where people find the new and old music they listen to. Please vote in this multiple-choice poll to share your sources.

new-music.jpg

Kinda funny so far no one finds new music from Radio and Reviews ;)

3 people like this

Have you guys been voting? I am only seeing my votes on there.

I noticed last night on "whos online" that it was me, guest, and another status (that Ive forgotten).

Well I tried to do the poll again, but I don't have the option of taking the poll presented to me anymore. Something seems a bit amiss

And that's why we have a private preview. :D

Odd thing is it says 3 people have voted. I am going to nuke this one and setup another to test.

I don't listen to much music other than what I'm working on. When working on my personal music I abstain from listening to any music at all. Getting ready to enter an extended period of abstinence as I start writing new music for 2017. Besides, I'm pretty sure real penguins don't listen to music at all!

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, muied lumens said:

I don't find the music, the music finds me.

So tough! :yay:

I used to follow a number of netlabels that were consistently amazing...  But then they all sort of faded.

There are some still...

Dusted Wax Kingdom is amazing trip-hop/acid-jazz/dub.

Archaic Horizon was great analogue ambient... but doesn't release much anymore.

Most netlabels I come across are harsh noise, anymore.  Meh...

But slowly I'm repopulating my list of go-to netlabels.  

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Ewald said:

Dusted Wax Kingdom is amazing trip-hop/acid-jazz/dub.

Sweet, thanks!

Know a good spot for Drum and Bass creative commons?

19 hours ago, Shane Morris said:

Sweet, thanks!

Know a good spot for Drum and Bass creative commons?

Well, I'd say that there are lots of labels that might pretend to be drum n bass, but end up being more 4-on-the-floor techno...

I will keep you in mind while I search...

j

Yep didn't know if I had just been in the wrong places, but I haven't found much breakbeat/drum n bass/jungle CC. I've had enough 4x4 for at least 1/2 a lifetime :gray:

I like Bandcamp, which I don't consider a Record Store, a Streaming Service, or Social Media - but I do wish it had a means for interaction between artists and fans.

1 person likes this

On 10/31/2016 at 0:14 PM, jeff sampson said:

I like Bandcamp, which I don't consider a Record Store, a Streaming Service, or Social Media - but I do wish it had a means for interaction between artists and fans.

I believe Bandcamp is considered "Social Media". If that doesn't complicate things even more. 

I selected "other" because originally I only ever stumbled onto electronic music. I heard "Popcorn," "Autobahn" and "Arabesque" (Tomita) on the radio but nothing else. None of my friends listened to EM. These days I continually experiment with different search phrases on Google. Most search results turn up copy-cat music but sometimes I find a nugget of gold in the tsunami of sound-alikes.

Edited by AEJOTZ

I literally voted `all of the above'!

I follow several labels - Syn-Gate, ...txt, Aural Films, Harmonic Resonance, Projekt, Virtual/Ishq, etc are some instantly off the top of my head - and chances are I make purchases pretty regularly with them.

Friends (mostly the online kind) will constantly make recommendations, or post updates from other artists that leads to exposure to new albums/artists constantly, especially modern and new stuff.

Older music I will often come across at local record fairs I attend several times a year, which will always be on vinyl and usually the more obscure/unknown titles/artists.

I also constantly take notice of reviews which lead to more suggestions.

In short, every one of the above options are ways that I discover new electronic music, so every box got a tick!

1 person likes this

On 10/13/2016 at 4:41 PM, Shane Morris said:

Kinda funny so far no one finds new music from Radio and Reviews ;)

I actually have discovered quite a few new things on our local public radio station?

1 person likes this