Mystified

Free Sounds For Remixing

10 posts in this topic

Greetings from across the Missouri divide!  I just used some of your samples on a new sort of lyrical "song" -- best description for the genre would be "Dream Composition" (see the notes).  I posted it on the Experimental Collaboration site:  Tapegerm.  If you haven't heard of it before, you sadly missed the heyday by about 10 years -- but the site lives on, and you can still go there, use samples, post samples, and collaborate.  I'm used some of Jack Hertz's Tapegerm samples on this piece too.  Why not join up yourself?  Here tis -- I hope you dig....

From The Crow's Nest

2 people like this

I was a member of Tapegerm years ago, thanks. I will listen to your track asap.

Great!  Sadly, Bryan is the only founder remaining at Tapegerm now, but perhaps you know that already(?).  (Do I know you? -- are you friends with Tom "Regicide Bureau" Sutter in St. Louis by any chance?)  Since the original Tapegerm site was dismantled a couple of years ago and replaced by the revised version,  participation has declined to a bare minimum.  It's really too bad, since in some ways the site used to help keep some of the old cassette culture people together -- many of whom I've remained in touch with for what seems like forever back into the 1980's.  With your interest in supplying online samples for collaborating, I'd love to see you pump a new dose of life into the old place if you're so inclined.  And, of course, I hope you like the little recording I did that includes some of your samples. 

I don't know Mr. Sutter, but I do remember working with Mr. Baker and Mr. Phoney. Thank you for the invite-- I will for sure listen to your song, at least.

Edited by Mystified

Interesting track, man-- especially like the vocals. Good work, glad to be a part.

Thanks much for the positive reinforcement Mystified, and especially THANKS for posting your remixing samples -- community is what I love most about music!  Keep up the good work.