Jon Johnson

NAMM 2017: Korg Announces MS-20 mini Monotone Limited Edition

5 posts in this topic

For NAMM 2017: Korg has announced the release of their MS-20 mini Monotone Limited Edition

The KORG MS-20 mini is now available as a limited-edition white monotone variation model. This model is the first new color to appear in the nearly 40 years since the original unit went on sale in 1978. Based on the black that is emblematic of the MS-20's distinctive presence, this new model features a clean white monotone for its front panel and knobs, while retaining the faithful circuitry, 5-pin MIDI, and USB MIDI of the black MS-20 mini. Combining a completely new freshness together with a vintage feel that befits the MS-20 as the original semi-modular synthesizer, this limited-edition model will be a great way to add classic MS-20 sounds to any setup!

monochrome.png

MS-20 mini WM (White Monotone)

Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20; a complete replication of the original analog circuitry:
- 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
- Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- External signal processor (ESP) 
- Extremely flexible patching system

Faithful recreation of the MS20 at 86% of the size

MIDI IN and USB connector

Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included manual

More info at Korg http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/ms_20mini/

So far I'm glad I didn't fly to LA for those ;-) Not that i wouldn't want one if they gave it to us 

:OK: I guess people been waiting for a version to go with their Apple stuff.

They should have reversed the keys, that would have looked spectacular with the black sides.