Jack Hertz

Where Do You Find Electronic Music?

Where Do You Discover Electronic Music?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Discover Electronic Music?

I am curious to know where people find the new and old music they listen to. Please vote in this multiple-choice poll to share your sources.

new-music.jpg

And that's why we have a private preview. :D

Odd thing is it says 3 people have voted. I am going to nuke this one and setup another to test.

I don't listen to much music other than what I'm working on. When working on my personal music I abstain from listening to any music at all. Getting ready to enter an extended period of abstinence as I start writing new music for 2017. Besides, I'm pretty sure real penguins don't listen to music at all!

• Like 1

I used to follow a number of netlabels that were consistently amazing...  But then they all sort of faded.

There are some still...

Dusted Wax Kingdom is amazing trip-hop/acid-jazz/dub.

Archaic Horizon was great analogue ambient... but doesn't release much anymore.

Most netlabels I come across are harsh noise, anymore.  Meh...

But slowly I'm repopulating my list of go-to netlabels.  

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Ewald said:

Dusted Wax Kingdom is amazing trip-hop/acid-jazz/dub.

Sweet, thanks!

Know a good spot for Drum and Bass creative commons?

19 hours ago, Shane Morris said:

Sweet, thanks!

Know a good spot for Drum and Bass creative commons?

Well, I'd say that there are lots of labels that might pretend to be drum n bass, but end up being more 4-on-the-floor techno...

I will keep you in mind while I search...

j

Yep didn't know if I had just been in the wrong places, but I haven't found much breakbeat/drum n bass/jungle CC. I've had enough 4x4 for at least 1/2 a lifetime :gray:

I like Bandcamp, which I don't consider a Record Store, a Streaming Service, or Social Media - but I do wish it had a means for interaction between artists and fans.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2016 at 0:14 PM, jeff sampson said:

I like Bandcamp, which I don't consider a Record Store, a Streaming Service, or Social Media - but I do wish it had a means for interaction between artists and fans.

I believe Bandcamp is considered "Social Media". If that doesn't complicate things even more. 

I selected "other" because originally I only ever stumbled onto electronic music. I heard "Popcorn," "Autobahn" and "Arabesque" (Tomita) on the radio but nothing else. None of my friends listened to EM. These days I continually experiment with different search phrases on Google. Most search results turn up copy-cat music but sometimes I find a nugget of gold in the tsunami of sound-alikes.

Edited by AEJOTZ

I literally voted `all of the above'!

I follow several labels - Syn-Gate, ...txt, Aural Films, Harmonic Resonance, Projekt, Virtual/Ishq, etc are some instantly off the top of my head - and chances are I make purchases pretty regularly with them.

Friends (mostly the online kind) will constantly make recommendations, or post updates from other artists that leads to exposure to new albums/artists constantly, especially modern and new stuff.

Older music I will often come across at local record fairs I attend several times a year, which will always be on vinyl and usually the more obscure/unknown titles/artists.

I also constantly take notice of reviews which lead to more suggestions.

In short, every one of the above options are ways that I discover new electronic music, so every box got a tick!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 4:41 PM, Shane Morris said:

Kinda funny so far no one finds new music from Radio and Reviews ;)

I actually have discovered quite a few new things on our local public radio station?

• Like 1