Jack Hertz

Topic: Nord Modular G2 - Don's Refrigerator

There's a story that Don Buchla (RIP) used to keep Owsley's refrigerator in his back yard... This patch was inspired by that story and Don's 261e Complex Waveform Generator. Though, the patch ended up being nothing like it in the end.

Note: There are single and performance patches included. The performance is made of up 4 copies of the singe patch set to different variations. People with G2 Demo can emulate the performance by running 4 (or more) instances of the singe patch.

View full patch

• Like 1

Stanley Oswley RIP as well

I corresponded with him briefly about 10 years ago. Had a discussion about sound with him. Funny story about his fridge and Buchla :D

• Like 1

Weird, reading up on him now... didn't realize he was an audio guy. It all makes sense now. :cool:

FYI, Jon. Here is a pic of the first Buchla synth, that I was telling you about. Signed by Ken Kesey.

original_buchla_box_01.png

• Like 2

That looks pretty authentically Prankster ::ohyeah: 

He was practically the source for all " Electric Kool Aid" in the 60's and like Shane mentioned was the Dead's sound guy and visionary. In 1974 he was the "visionary go to" for their "wall of sound PA" which I didn't think sounded that great on the live record "Steal Your Face" but it also could be it was a movie and they had full crews of kaos during the whole thing. 

:omg:I am amazed but not surprised that Don was in with the gang and brought his own synth to parties and had a piece of history in his back yard. Oh California. Missed so much 

Don even did sound for the Dead a bit and played his Buchla box alongside the band from the sound booth! I'd love to hear that

Mosc said the Wall of Sound was shit. It was the first attempt at something like that. I bet they had a lot of electrical problems, crossover problems, took too much problems :D