muied lumens

Rob Sol aka Muied Lumens

I played around with reel to reel tape and cassette players as a kid, making soundscapes, radio plays and some kind of basic music concrete before I knew it was a thing. Also loved to tune "in between the stations" on the radio listening to noise and lost sounds which were as much in the imagination as they were in the transmission. Growing up in Sweden I was exposed to Ralph Lundsten and loved where his music took me. At 16 I worked all summer so I could afford a second hand Korg Poly-61. If people ask me when I started making music, that's normally what I tell them.

I am only just getting started after nearly three decades, fuelled by that same curiosity about what exists out there, hidden deep in the noise between those stations. I hope to one day be able to lift aside the veil of the universe to see what lies behind. I never stop experimenting and always try to create music/sounds with some kind of flow to it. And I like chocolate.

• Like 6

On 10/28/2016 at 7:59 AM, muied lumens said:

I played around with reel to reel tape and cassette players as a kid, making soundscapes, radio plays and some kind of basic music concrete before I knew it was a thing. Also loved to tune "in between the stations" on the radio listening to noise and lost sounds which were as much in the imagination as they were in the transmission.

that is so familiar :) -  as we got older, sitting in an old car in the rain with the windscreen wipers on and the radio between stations, the rhythm of the radio noise modulated by the wiper movements

• Like 2