remst8

Michael Carlson a.k.a. remst8

Hello, all. My name is Michael Carlson, and my musical moniker is “remst8”.

I don’t necessarily limit myself to any particular genre, but most of my work in recent years has been drone/ambient/experimental music.

I've been playing with various tracker programs since 1991. I started with NoiseTracker/ProTracker on a friend's Amiga 500 and eventually bought my own A500, later finding my way to OctaMED. Making the jump to PC, I used ScreamTracker for a bit, then used Impulse Tracker for quite awhile. A couple years later I began using ModPlug Tracker, and was pretty heavy into that until discovering my current weapon (tracker) of choice: Renoise. 

Don't let that summary mislead you--I'm just a hobbyist, and I have a history of playing with a given tracker for a couple months, then life intervenes and pulls me away for far too long before I can find enough time to start all over again. So while I may have done some tinkering over several years, I consider my actual experience level with tracking music basically in the "novice" category.  I have managed to keep at it more consistently the past couple years, though, so I hope I can keep that up.

Cheers,

Michael

a.k.a. remst8