Jon Johnson

Topic: TBO-1 Organ

3 posts in this topic

The 1968 Lowrey Berkshire Deluxe TBO-1 organ features 2 44 key keyboard manuals and a 13 pedal bass pedal keyboard with sustain. It also features chimes, a two speed Leslie effect as well as reverb and sustain effects. It also offers reverberating rhythm patterns, arpeggios, wow wow effect, and bass guitar.

View full synthesizer

I didn't know that organs were part of the synthesizer catalog here on the site, but seeing this old gem reminds me that in the early 1990's, one of my generous compatriots from Herd Of The Ether Space gave me an indefinite loan of a Yamaha C-30 organ, and it appears on several of my solo albums, Herd Of The Ether Space albums, and Disism albums recorded in those days (not that I played it with a single degree of virtuousity mind you...).  It was a real heavy (literally) piece of equipment, and never left my home for live shows.  I don't have any photos of the thing that were taken back in the day, sadly, but here's one that pretty much looks like it that I got from the internet.  Here's a little recording attached from my Volatile Volitions album to letcha here one of the things with it too.  Thanks Jon for bringing back some memories...

Fink Void

YamahaYC-30Organ.jpg

1 person likes this

Hi Charles looks like a load of fun to play. We didn't generally plan on organs being a priority for the DB and we have added quite a few that are part of a manufacturer's catalog. As I've learned more about them from working here and reading about them over the years I've come to really appreciate them more than ever. There's also a subtle reason which you can read about later today. Stay tuned :D