Introspectral

Nord G2 modular Patch-Share Party

This may not be the best place for this post, but since we're on the topic, what do you both think of a 'patch share' thread with subthreads for different software?

Or, am I already behind on this and there's already something in existence...?

While on that subject, sharing MIDI tracks too?

:hmm: There's a lot of dedicated sites doing that quite well already. It makes more sense to promote those doing the work already. You volunteering to make a guide or something? ;)

On the subject of other sites, Electro-Music.com has an amazing library for the G2 synths. Not all of them work in the Demo.  http://electro-music.com/g2patches.php

FYI. If you associate the G2 Demo with the .pch2 file extension in your browser. You can open the patches and play them instantly from the browser.

This may not be the best place for this post, but since we're on the topic, what do you both think of a 'patch share' thread with subthreads for different software?

Or, am I already behind on this and there's already something in existence...?

While on that subject, sharing MIDI tracks too?

I like this idea, even if there are numerous other sites that does this already.

I am more likely to check out/enjoy patches made by people in a situation I feel at home with, than to go to "FREE PATCHES OMG AWSUM!!!!.com"... bare in mind I am being a bit silly now... all that said, I would like to see a patch-share subforum with different synth/software/midi subforums :)

:agree: And didn't mean to say take it elsewhere. I encourage members who want to share with others start a topic just like this one and take command of it. Heck, I may have to do the same with some of my DX7 patches.

What I don't want to do spend time building a database of other special app for it. I can make a section for patches if people really want, but this and others should work fine under the Gear > Synthesizers section.

• Like 1

well, could we have a subfolder under synthesizers? so that it is not just a topic, but a folder that can contain topics, not unlike this topic :)

it could be called "The Patch Page" :)

:agree: And didn't mean to say take it elsewhere. I encourage members who want to share with others start a topic just like this one and take command of it. Heck, I may have to do the same with some of my DX7 patches.

What I don't want to do spend time building a database of other special app for it. I can make a section for patches if people really want, but this and others should work fine under the Gear > Synthesizers section.

That's all I was really getting at Jack. I certainly wasn't saying "Hey, build a feature" but I am thinking a separate subforum topic is cool. Actually, I question this: when it comes to data and sharing patches, is Gear>Synthesizers the best place? What about 'Patches' with subforum by synth brand, software, or general MIDI? If you're in agreement, I'll set it up.