Sign in to follow this  
Benedict Roff-Marsh

Topic: Kosmicheskoye Tango

Kosmicheskoye Tango is a collaboration between Adrian Earnshaw and Benedict Roff-Marsh. If you are a fan of Berlin School (Tangerine Dream, Michael Hoenig, Adelbert Von Deyen, etc.) then you will probably like this album.

Adrian Earnshaw: composer, synths, Cubase10, videos
Benedict Roff-Marsh: composer, synths, mixing, Reason 11

Benedict says:
I have known Adrian for a while on & off over the internet for many years. I saw he was looking to work with others and his style is complementary to mine, so I reached out. We tried a track and a few days later “Memories of Cultures” was there. We both liked the experience and results enough to commit to a whole album. Adrian sent over the initial idea/s and I fleshed them out with more melodies, parts, etc. Once we both felt happy with the track, I mixed what we had which was usually a mixture of sounds from Adrian and myself.

The album title comes from the track name which translated back from Russian to Cosmic Tango. It sounds more exotic in Russian. I made the cover once we had all the tracks and rather than doing the expected Berlin School thing of a spacey photo with titles, I decided to represent the meta-story of how the album was made. It was a “foreign correspondent” feel of Adrian & I sharing our stories through the mail – hence the Russian space stamps & grubby fingerprints.

View full album