Pinnacles by Edgar Froese
- Pinnacles (LP, Album) Virgin V 2277 UK 1983
- Pinnacles (LP, Album) Virgin 205 594 France 1983
- Pinnacles (LP, Album) Virgin V 2277 New Zealand 1983
- Pinnacles (LP, Album) Virgin, Virgin 205 594, 205 594-320 Germany 1983
- Pinnacles (LP, Album) Virgin VG-2277 Greece 1983
- Pinnacles (LP, Album, Wit) Virgin V 2277 Hong Kong 1983
- Pinnacles (LP, Album, RE) Virgin OVED 144 UK 1986
- Pinnacles (CD, Album, RE) Virgin, Virgin CDV2277, CDV 2277 UK 1988
- Pinnacles (CD, Album, RE) Caroline Blue Plate, Virgin CAROL 1627-2, CDV 2277 US 1991
- Pinnacles (CD, Album, RE) Caroline Blue Plate CAROL 1627-2 US 1995
- Pinnacles (CD, Album, Unofficial) ООО "Фирма Грэмми" JPCD9807358 Russia 1998
- Pinnacles (CD, Album) Eastgate none Germany 2005
The 1983 studio album Pinnacles would be Edgar Froese's last solo recording for the next twelve years. According to Edgar Froese, it reflected his deep love for the Australian Outback. Thus it was named after a region in Western Australia, a couple of hundred miles from Perth where bizarre stones have grown out of the desert sands thousands of years ago.
Pinnacles was stylistic like TD's White Eagle (1982) and Hyperborea (1983) using much the same instruments and digital sampling techniques. It was recorded by Edgar Froese for the first time on his own 16-track tape.
1 Specific Gravity Of Smile 9:35
2 The Light Cone 4:22
3 Walkabout 7:10
1. Pinnacles 22:00
Ambient, Classical, Minimal, Progressive
Compact Disc, LP 33 1/3
Recorded May 1983 at the Amber Studio Berlin.
Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.