Les trous noirs de l'espace sémantique by BERTHELOT
- HQ version, 2016, DNA Production, Russia.
- mp3 version, 2017, Murmure Intemporel, France.
Black holes of the semantic space (les trous noirs de l'espace sémantique) are related to the dialogues of the deaf, a common activity on this strange planet.
In this album, the sounds come and go, hesitate, disappear and then they reappear more far in time. They are trying to avoid, but also they are scrambling to finally get lost in space, without even trying to harmonize.
These chaotic soundscapes act as a reflection of our society of hyper communication in which the informations, the messages, all the words, and all the data get lost anywhere.
Nobody try to understand and everything always ends in a great dialogue of the deaf, each arguing for oneself, and ultimately the knowledge is lost in the black holes of the semantic space.
Tracks 1 to 7 recorded in November and December 2015; music by Berthelot.
Track 8 recorded in January 2016; music by Berthelot & Launay.
Cover by Hieronymus Bosch, The Hell and the Flood (detail).
Photos by Ironside. Sleeve design by Berthelot & Graph’Hypnotic.
Titles translated in english (not as precise as the french words) :
1 - In the caves of the paleo-cortex
2 - Fugitive vision of randomness
3 - Cracks of dreams in the stained-glass windows of the South nave
4 - Static verbiage
5 - The rumors-catcher
6 - The sawdust of the timeless balance
7 - Chaotic semantic propagation method
8 - Prolegomena to the dialogues of the deaf.
[ abstract, soundscapes, acousmatic, experimental electronic, post-concrete, electroacoustic, noise ]
01. Dans les cavernes du paléo-cortex (06:43)
02. Vision fugitive du hasard (04:09)
03. Fissures de rêveries dans les vitraux de la nef sud (08:14)
04. Verbiage Statique (03:46)
05. L'attrape-rumeurs (04:23)
06. La sciure du balancier intemporel (04:14)
07. Procédé chaotique de propagation sémantique (08:05)
08. Berthelot & Launay - Prolégomènes aux dialogues de sourds (07:26)
Jean-Luc Hervé Berthelot
Ambient, Drone, Electroacoustic, Experimental, Field Recordings, Glitch, Musique Concrète, Noise
Digital / Download