Under the hood, Mono hosts a uniquely designed analog synthesis engine. Discover a wide palette of sounds in a minimalistic, two oscillator, one filter set-up.
From soothing detuned sinewave to heavily modulated sawtooth, Mono’s sound source is versatile and full of character.
- Thru-zero analog frequency modulation
- Continuously variable waveform
- Fine-grained detune control
Designed with an emphasis on sound-character and originality, mono filter let you sculpts the oscillators output in every way possible. A unique filter for a unique synthesizer.
- 3-Pole State-Variable Filter
- Continuously variable BP-LP-HP output
- Main enveloppe amount control & Keyboard follow
A World of Modulations
Mono introduces contextual modulation, a unique modulation system that gives you full control over every parameters. Each have their own envelope and audio-frequency modulator. By simply touching a knob to select the underlying parameter, unleash Mono’s full creative potential.
- Kick Drum
- Phase effects
- Filter FM
- 4-Operator FM
- Pinged FM
- Feature-rich sequencer
From simple note sequence to complex ratcheted phrase with parameter automations, Mono’s sequencer does it all, with a straight-forward user-friendly interface. Each of Mono's 2048 patterns stores a patch (or preset) with all modulation parameters, as well as a 64-step sequencence with automation events !
Easily record and edit patterns, either with direct control or external keyboard. Get immediate visual feedback of what’s happening, without menu-diving.
Note trigs, parameter automations, Mod note, ratchet ... Mono sequencer allows the user to sequencer everything step by step without limitations
Never restrain your creativity by fear of loosing previous work. Mono’s undo-redo allows for up to 1024 actions to be Undoed.
Large onboard memory
Mono stores up to 32 projects, each with 64 patterns with patch memory. Each 64-steps pattern stores a patch with all modulations, and up to 3200 automation events.
A ton of creative features
Mod Note Mode
Save 40 patch state into project memory, play saved state using internal or external keyboard.
Add between 1 and 4 notes to the current page, quantized to the active scale.
Fully customize which parameter are affected by accented steps.
Microshift, ratchet,and probability can be set on a per step basis.
Synth voice features
- Fully analog signal path
- 2x analog oscillators
- Continuously variable waveform
- Thru-zero frequency modulation
- Filter overdrive
- 1x 3-pole multi-mode filter
- Continuously variable filter color
- 1x Main ADSR envelope
- 13x dedicated AD envelopes
- 20x dedicated modulator
- Modulator (modulation oscillator) :
- 4 waveforms
- Type settings : Free/Synced/Audio-Rate
- Audio-Rate anti-aliased, quantized to OSC1
- Free from 0.1 to 80 seconds
- Envelope :
- Attack-Decay segment from 10us to 20s
- Up to 64 step per pattern
- Individual length/scale/beat-division per pattern
- Individual microshift/ratchet/probability per step
- Per step parameter automation (offsets)
- Copy/paste anything
- Undo/Redo anything with 1024 events history
- Mod Note mode
- Fast, clock independent project Load/Save
- Quandtized note randomizer
- Ranged parameter automation randomizer
- Step randomizer
- Mod note randomizer
- Microshift/Probability/Ratchet randomizer
- 32 projects
- 64 patterns with patch memory per projects
- 3200 parameter automation per pattern
- 40 mod note per projects
- 23x transilluminated potentiometer
- 24x illuminated silent mechanical switch
- 23x 808-style switch
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 1x 1/4” unbalanced main audio out jack
- 2x 1/8” eurorack Clock/Reset input
- 2x 1/8” eurorack CV outputs
- 2x 1/8” eurorack Gate outputs
- 48kHz internal CV D/A converters
- Flash-EEPROM upgradable OS
- MIDI class compliant USB-B port
Balanced audio outputs
- Output level: +15dBu maximum
- Output impedance: 200 Ohm
- Voltage range: -8V/+8V
- 1V/oct resolution : 3cents of a semitone
Read more about the Norand Mono at norand.io