The YAMAHA PortaSound PSS-790 is adopted with a unique synthesis "Advanced Wave Memory (AWM)' so that you can perform with a wide range of natural to hyper-natural sound qualities.
Additionally, the Vector Synthesizer function enables you to carry out time variance of a tone with controlling mixing ratio of any 4 AWM Voices you select.
Furthermore, the Auto Accompianment function supports your performance on the keyboard with various music styles such as rock 'n' roll, jazz, Latin, funk, and much more.
Moreover, you can record and play back your performance with the Song Memory Function. And other useful functions are also provided. In order to fully enjoy your lifelong musical time spent with the PSS-790, please read the instructions in this Owner's Manual which should provide help and suggestions.
• Built-in Hi-Fi stereo speakers with Ported Bass Boost unit.
• 100 pre-set AWM Voices and 50 rhythm patterns (50 styles) included. (sound reproduction: 28 notes at the same time)
• Vector Synthesizer function offers your original sound creation from any 4 Voices by mixing them with the Joy Stick.
• Harmony effect gives harmonized notes to a phrase or passage you play. 6 Harmony Types are provided.
Auto Accompaniment function allows you to make an ensemble in any of 50 styles. A "Style" includes total arrangement for a certain musical style, which consists of rhythm patterns, chords, obbligati, formation of instruments and so on. You can easily and automatically incorporate these techniques into your playing which gives you the characteristics of the style you choose.
• Song Memory function enables 8 track digital recording and memorization of up to 8 songs.
• 8 Drum Pads allow you to manually play up to 8 percussion sounds at any time. You can also assign to these pads any 8 instrumants you like from among 50 percussion sounds provided.
* The PSS-790 has MIDI connectors so that you can play it together with other MIDI-equipped devices. "MIDI' is an abbreviation for "Musical Instrument Digital Interface " and an international standard for electronic musical instruments.
• Furthermore the PSS-790 has the Multi-Timbre mode, which allows you to make an ensemble of Multiple Parts just only with one unit of the PSS-790.